Sponsors

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Inauguration Eve NL Holdem Poker Tourney

$50+$10 Buy in for tonight...3 tables of 8 totalling 24 people playing... 4 places being paid out tonight...I know the majority of them well played with the majority of them on Big Syds Tuesday night game. Had to scoop my man Travis plus he was spotting me cause my check aint hit da bank yet...so I had to place tonight to pay his ass back.

I took down 4th place paying $120, doubled my buy in...not bad...considering I could've at least got 2nd place with 1 hand I got sucked out and missed 2 key hands...the rest of the night was perfect, I played the right hands and bluffed the right hands at the right times...I think Scott bluffed me out 1 hand, but its all good...

One hand I think I got bluffed out on 1 hand...Blinds are at 150/300 and im in position UTG+1, UTG folds I raise 700 pocket 2's 1 caller everyone folds. Flop: AA3 so I bet out 500 and get raised to 1000...i ended up folding and Big syd said he flopped the boat so that's 1 A out and I believe that Scott had it so it was a good fold now that I'm thinkin about it [img]http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm moved to table 2 now...blinds are 200/400...I limp in with K10 Off and get 2 limpers with the BB checking to go...Flop hits Ac/Jc/3d everyone checks. Turn Qc. I turn my nut straight. Guy to my left bets 400 and I raise to 1600 to go, the guy is thinkin hard and calls me...and the dude to my left folds...River Xc...I'm thinkin FUCK...I check...guy bets out 1000...i actually sit and think and put him on a flush now that there is 4 clubs sittin on the board...im pot commited and thinking did he hit or not, its only 1000 and im pot commited, I call...nut flush, dude is holding an Ac with a rag, playin my raise with a baby A kind of shit is that? Suck out of the night...so i kinda feel like im on tilt so I wait it out and wait for a crucial hand to play again and start a rush back...

One of the college park boys, Adam, moves all in and im sittin AJ Off...sit and think, and decide to gamble, I even say i shouldn't be calling you...he turns over 10J off...we both miss and I win A high...

Final Table....

Blinds are at 300/600 and I raise my pocket 8 to 1800 to go...Big Syd raises all-in with 600 more to me...so I have to call...we are heads up and he turns over pocket A and I don't even want to turn my cards over cause im embarrased lol he wins, I'm down to 2 black chips...$2000 left and every one is big stacked to me...action goes all teh way around and end up blinding all in on my BB, no callers, i take down the small blind for $400 which pays my SB this round...end up folding and losing it...so BB gets back to me and its now at $500/$1000 so im in $1000...i end up going all in wih $2000, 2 callers...Im holding K8off, and I flop a K...im ahead and I know it...the 2 that are still in are fighting for the pot and I'm thinkin im dominated with a high kicker...I end up taking down the main pot for $6000 which puts me in a more comfortable position and between the 2, the dude hits his 10 on the flop with A kicker winning the side pot...

5 Left, Big Syd All in...no callers except Scott which he won and bubbled Big Syd out, im in the money, jive boosted but can't be to cised yet, i want that 1st place for $600...end up gettin KQoff and move all in, scott raises all in and dude calls and 1 folder, im dominated, i have one of scotts outs though, hoping 2 queens come out on the board, scott turns over pocket K and the other guy fuckin forgot what the hell he had, A8 or some bullshit...im out..

I pay Travis back and go home with $60 bucks..oh well, thats my buy in for my Saturday Single Table Tourney unless we end up playing poker Friday night at Big Chris or My house...usually cash game...but we'll see...maybe I can double dis joint up!

1st: Scott - $600
2nd: Dude - $300 (New Face)
3rd: Joe - $180
4th: Ehonda - $120



No comments: