Sponsors

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Crash Course at the SHOP

Went over to Pops place to play Saturday afternoon. He had a $100 Tourney and then it was on to some $1-$2 NL Action...Got there a little late...but in time to grab a seat to fill the table up. Sat down to QQ and got them cracked by Andrew who went all in with 22 and caught the case 2 on the flop. Jeff B threw the other 2 away. That was fun...at that point, I already know what kind of night it was gonna be and I wasn't wrong. Had TT against Neal who chased down a runner-runner flushy and gave him a pretty good chunk of my stack...I tried to do the whole "Check-Call Poker is the Wave of the future" but that didn't work, my mistake and deserved to lose that hand...reload to my stack. Up and down, Up and Down from there till I shipped 1/2 my stack to Jeff B.

KQo to a $7 raise and im in late position with I think 5 callers...Can't remember the board but I believe it was Ks5cXh. I bet like a pussy of $25 bucks instead of my usual E bet on the flop and Jeff Called pairing the 5...I think he had a bottom pair, backdoor straight and backdoor flush draw...anyway, bet $40 on the turn when it brings a maybe 9C, then river bet $60 when the Qc hit the board and he raises me $80 on top...Deep down I knew I was beat but had a case of non-believerism...I think for a long while...end up mucking....2 new guys can't believe the fold I think it was a good fold, but a hard fold...I had to think of who I was playing with and the possibilities of him backin into his flush...he didn't show but told me he had 2 clubs, not specifically tellin me what clubs...time to reload again...

After mucking my life away..I finally look down to AA an raise a straddle to $23 to roll...I get 2 callers including the new fish that said if I got into a pot he was folding LOL...He asks me if he called would I push all in, I told them if an Ace rolls off on the flop I wasn't, but if no ace on flop, im shoving it...No ace on the flop...2 diamonds...both check to me...i push for another $86 bucks...dude insta calls...other guy folds...He flips over Q9d and I ask Noelle to keep it clean. turn 9, River 9...at least it was no diamonds right? Blah...

I move seats and some new players show...I get involved in a hand with Tim who raised it to $7 to go...I'm to his left and re-raise it to $35 to roll...folds around to Tim who just calls...Flop comes out Q73r I bet out $50 and he calls. Turn brings some I think a 4 and I bet out $60, Tim moves all in and im thinkin, wow...He his a set of Qs...I'm thinking and he says you can pick a card and turn it over, I insta muck...he shows his set of Qs...De Ja Vu "I raise $1000" Whoa...I think me and Nelly should be even gettin Aces cracked now...

Thats the end of it...Ruff Ruff weekend...I hope I can get my $1-$2 NL Game off the ground Monday.......Should be some interesting stories cause got some new players locked or a seat already....

No comments: