Sponsors

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Poker Marathon

I should be asleep!!!!!!

I just walked in the door, put my stuff down, and I'm kinda awake after a LONG POKER WEEKEND at the Trop!

Um...I didn't go to Travis' Game last wednesday...I did deal all night at Steve's Fish Tank Thursday, Got home in time to do laundry before picking up Cheyenne from her mother's house and take her to school...mind you she had a half day so I had to wake up afterwards (dealing Steve's game) at 11:45AM to be in time to pick her up and drop her off at her moms place and start getting stuff for the Pink game Friday Night which leaves no nap time...

If you remember, last Monday, we found out Ali has never been to Atlantic City before and planned a weekend up there so we can take Ali up to see what poker is like in the Trop. So we planned right after Pink this past Friday, we would go straight to Atlantic City...and we sure did!

Pink lasted till 9AM with the game ending playing POT LIMIT Omaha Hi/Holdem'. Yes the game was sick.

Then we went straight to AC...Ok I cheated and fell asleep on the ride up, but Travis just knew I wasn't going to sleep after we arrived...he was right...Jumped on a $1-$2 NL Table when we arrived and never saw the room except for the time I took a break and a shower sunday morning, my head never touching the bed, and we left AC around 6:30PM Sunday Afternoon.

So I was sat in the high limit area and played some $1-$2 NL when we arrived. Wow, I just knew I was still running bad...I got in the game for $200 bucks. I folded my first hand, and my 2nd hand in I looked down to KK. "Raise! $12 bucks" from mid position. I get 3 callers for the ride and we see a flop. K73r. Sweet, check, I check, and the chick goes all in for $75 bucks or something small like that, "Raise," I say..."$175" before I can stack my chips 5 high, 7 in a row next to each other, I see the dude's cards go to the muck...Heads up...I don't turn my cards over till I see im drawing to 1 out...7 rolls off the turn and she turns her flopped set of 7s over and screams "Yes" I flip my Kings over at that time and say Nice Hand Baby and ship her the pot. "I stand up and say to Keenan 1 table over...Typical 1-outter scenario for me...Its starting already...I sit back down and tip the dealer $2 bucks for a nice hand....MF'er LOL...George's shift starts and I see him and say hello and says he'll see about a 2-way game starting before I can even ask him! We get a $5-$10 game started with a full kill for Omaha H/L...the Game was Omaha H/L and Stud H/L changing games at every dealer change...before switching over to that game, I managed to make an $80 dollar profit from the $1-$2 NL game and take my stack over to the $5-$10 game to play a non-holdem game for a while.

Game runs nicely till we all get hungry and the game got stupid when it was all the locals from our circuit only playing the game, game broke when we all get up to get some food at the cafe' and I leave $80 stuck from my original $200 buy in when we first get there...Mind you I did run my stack to a little over $400 during the course of starting the session and playing the 2 way game till we ate...so the loss felt a little bigger to me after walking to the cage $80 light of my original buy in, $280+ bucks short at the peak of my stack.

Dinner was quite interesting, I wonder if the folks sitting across from out table just knew how much of degenerates we are. They probably over heard our conversation that went something like this. Travis comes up with, all 7 of us will give $10 cash to leave for tip...but $70 bucks was too much for a tip to the waiter, so lets cut that in half...$35 bucks goes to the person that can guess closer to the exact price of our bill without going over. OOOOH Lets play!!!! We get loud and excited and we go around the table guessing what the bill is going to be...I guessed $142 bucks, Eric says, $142.01...well god damn, the waiter comes out with the check...$142.36....Eric freeroll's dinner....all conversations stoped at the table next to ours and I looked up and all they heads are turned to us when we announce what the price was and who won the bet. I thought it was pretty funny.

Head back to the poker room and I get seated at a $1-$2 NL Table over in the Simulcast area...Table broke and I'm $170 profit from my $200 buy in, I pocket my profit when the table breaks and sit at Katie's table starting off with just $200 from when my last table broke...and I pretty much planted my ass here till Sunday Night when we left...only leaving to take a break when I took a shower and got my stuff before it was check out time.

Wow I'm down to my last $65 bucks and played uber-tight till I ran my stack back to a little over $125 and started playing some poker again when my only bet is not a raise-all in on the flop...

Super Drunk Guy is just dropping chips back and forth to the I call every hand down to the river guy...he honest to God saw 98.5% of his hands and running it down to the river and scoop the pot, his stack was huge just like the drunk guy's stack...after being able to get a normal stack, I was able to help those to guys leak there chips into my stack helping me build my stack...after time goes, I end up being 2nd in chips, the game got sick at one point playing like a $2-$5 game, but how often do you not see a $1-$2 NL game play like its supposed too....buy I end up bringing up my stack to over $750 from $65 bucks....I was definately 2nd in chips next to the solid player that was sitting at the table long before I showed up.

But there is 1 hand that I will definately never forget. He was the last person at the table I wanted to get mixed up in a hand with because he was the only person that could felt me if we had to go to blows....While opinions differ from how the hand played out and the actions that should've taken...Let me tell you all about this hand and you can leave what you think....

I have been playing solid, good poker, In the midst of a nice heater...I have definately gained the respect of the table...Now Chip leader of the table has been playing very solid...he was definately one of the best players on the table.

6 of us limp for $2 bucks and when Solid Guy raises to $15 in the SB and he picked up 3 callers with me being 2nd to act. I look down to 6sTs and call the $15 (Yes I know what am I doing calling the raise from the solid guy in the first place...but remember I felt I was still on the heater)

Flop: 7h8h9c

Whoa...I flopped the 2nd nut straight...he leads out $15 into a $57 pot and I stick $65 on top of his $15, folds to the 3rd hitch hiker and its solid guys action...he thinks and re-raises me to $200.....wow, I wasn't expecting that..what do I do...I appologize to the table for the time im taking and I was in the tank a while too....I gave him credit for not raising TJ from the SB, but wasn't 100% sure...I don't think he is making a play with a set....He can only have a big draw...I'm assuming along with actually playing TJ...the only thing is a big heart draw which I raised in the first place so he won't go chasing some flushy hand....I flip over my cards and show my straight just so I can get his reaction and to let the table know I'm not taking my time with some stupid type hand...I wanted them to know I flopped my straight. Not only that, I was thinking of what is going to happen on the turn/river...Do I play back at him and mush my stack? If he has TJ, I'm going to get felted...I'm pretty sure if I just call the $200, im going to have to put my stack in on the turn when he shoves all in which I believe he will HAVE to do...So what do I have to do?

He showed me his hand after the hand....but if you leave in the comments what do you do in that situation, im interested to see what you all do...

I also met Shabbir at the Trop...He is a reader of my Blog, If I got your name wrong, my fault dude, after such a long session, my brain is dead and I honestly can't remember your buddy's name either...But I just wanted to mention that it was cool to actually meet someone from outside our circuit that reads my blog! Oh, I also met "Import" Steve at Travis' game...He is from Indianapolis and he was in town for business and stopped by Travis' game on wednesday! It was really great to meet all of you and look forward to meeting more that actually read this thing!

Well It felt good to have a winning session and go to AC and not come home broke! Gained some of my confidence back and I guess I'll put it to the test on Wednesday...most likely on Monday as well for my $1-$2 NL Game!

Damn I had a good time this weekend!!

2 comments:

Nick said...

Congrats on your win E. Dinner sounded fun.

SoveriegnOne said...

My first thought is that he was rerasing a flopped top set, and he was trying to bet you off the draw.

If I was you, im pushing.