Sponsors

Friday, May 25, 2007

Superstitions

Whats good everyone? It has been a while since I have blogged anything...Well, Its because this month so far has been treating me good for a change! So Its not just cause losing in poker that makes me not blog...I came up with this superstition that I have been losing because I have been blogging...who am I kidding, I have been losing all year so far! I never realized that I am not as profitable at just playing as I thought I was...

Well...Lets recap since my last entry from the week after my AC Marathon. I haven't been dealing Steve's game lately cause he has been focusing on getting his Sunday $2/$5 NL game off the ground...Sucks for me cause I can't really deal that game...honestly, I don't want to deal it as bad I thnk I do...I just don't feel the same way about the game cause its not just Steve's game anymore, He partnered with another Home Game Operator which is now a mix of both crowds. After my game was robbed almost 2 years ago and the small rash of robberies lately, I just don't feel comfortable with a crowd I don't know or play with on a regular basis. Now this is my personal feeling that some of the player base from these games have flowed from some of the recent games or regulars from the recent games that have been robbed...and honestly, I think the ones that set up the robberies are still playing in these games...but thats just me. But Steve says he will start it back up by the end of this month or the first week in June, but gave his players an option to start it back up where the sunday game is or keep it at its current location which I hope he does, cuase if not, I might be out of a dealer job on Thursdays...Not because I don't like the other operator, cause I do, I'd prefer to work for Steve and not both...thats all...

Other than that, the Pink game and the Monday Night $1-$2 NL Game have been very successful lately...I'm happy with the turn outs.

Playing at the donkey coral has been pretty good to me this month as well...I did lost last week cause I made a huge mistake againsts Seth...and I knew better, but I felt very giving last week and shipped my $700 stack to Bartender Pete who got all his money in off a flush draw that got there on the river and I paid off a set of Kings when I flopped top 2 (AK). Eh...Easy mistake that I'm pretty sure will not let that happen again.

But Last Wednesday's game was sick...There's a guy named Gregg...Tripple G is what he likes to be called...clown...Now I know yall have seen these types before...and it really irked me about him...he was the type to sit at the table, and calculate his odds, outs, and all the math guru shit about the game...Yes I know its good poker to be able to do that, but if you do it every hand, out loud, perpetrating to make your game look solid is some clown shit to me....I can see if he was always stackin the table, but thats not the case...he's a fuckin fish if you ask me. More a clown if you ask me, but why don't we welcome him to the table? Because he is a clown...Talks too much...and is just a plain jerk off....and last wednesday, he finally got himself not welcome to any more of our games.

I'm on the button and look down to AA. Everyone limped to me and I made it $17 to go...Gregg and Ahmed call me...Greg is first to act but I can't remember the flop and Greg leads out $25, Ahmed calls, I make it $75, Gregg moves all in, Ahmed makes the call for less and leaves me with a decision...WTF is going on here? A Little over $250 to make Gregg's call...I go in the tank and reveal my Aces to Ahmed...he mentions to me I should fold...which I was 50/50 on, I was close to calling Gregg's all in, but Ahmed made me think 3 times about the call...during this, Greg notices me pull up my cards and asks Ahmed what he said...and goes into this collusion thing...I end up folding and fuckin Greg shows 8 High and Ahmed shows T high to take the fuckin huge pot...Gregg pulls back his money and is trippin about collusion and asked to be cashed out. We tried to explain to him that since there was no more action except to me, I showed my aces...he got angry with Katie and just completely lost his mind. He was kicked out the game afterwards.

Well Pink this weekend and the last game for me till Friday again, takin Monday off for the Holiday...Hopefully makin it up to AC for the day or 2!

3 comments:

@OnAFoldDraw said...

For the two years that I've been running a game, he's the first person I recollect telling in person, "You are no longer welcome here at this game."

He put me in a position where I put forth the rules of the game, made a decision, and was unable to have him comply.

For weeks he's been rude to players and quite honestly making people wonder whether or not he's gonna show up with a severe case of the Mondays.

I'm not happy to eject such a huge fish, but I don't need my players taking that kind of abuse. Abuse should be reserved for Dealers and Floor people.

The whole ordeal has been troubling me from the second it happened, hell, even the events leading up to it. I just hope I can learn from the mistakes I made regarding his situation and make better decisions in the future.

Nick said...

I remember playing with this guy and your right E he was a clown. Sorry to see a fish go but reading Trav's comment above it sounds like it was handled in a professional manner and its for the best.

SoveriegnOne said...

Sorry you had to go through that fellas. I guess it just took awhile for Greg to show his true colors, which were very strange.

I think he was keeping himself in check because he was new around here, but after everyone kind of ribbed him online, he decided it was ok to "open up", and that was probably the worst thing that could have happened.