Sponsors

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

High Limit Room is No Longer

After having a great meal from Room Service, and Cheyenne thought it was real cool that we had room service, we sat around and watched TV for a lil bit and it was getting late, she was about to go to bed, so it was time for me to make a move back over to the Trop.

To my surprise, Paul is still at the Trop playing...but his stack looks allot different, I asked what the hell happened, He told me a couple hand histories and I just said Wow...really...a $10K stack at a $2-$5 table just blew me away, a $10K stack by it self just blew me away, what was really funny was that he needed to make 2 trips to the cage when he cashed out!

anyway, James mentioned to me earlier that they were closing down the High Limit Area as we were playing and they were moving players from the HL side over to where you find most of the limit games going on, but thy filled us in from back towards the front. Our table was second to last that they broke. No one wanted to leave but they said we would all sit in the same order and button continues where we left off...thats fine, whatever, I said, lets get this last hand in first, This is the last hand dealt to us 8 before the room is closed and I wanna scoop this pot as remembrance of my favorite spot in the whole poker room!

I am UTG and make it my standard $7 to go, and got 4 callers. I'm sittin on about $400.

Pot: $31
Flop: 5dThKs

checked all around

Pot: $31
Turn [5dThKs]2h (Everyone knows by now at the table that my hand is 2-4)
I bet out $25, fold, fold, Raise...$75, I le-laise $175, Guy goes all in, I insta call.

Pot: +\- $750
River, [5dThKs2h]Qc

I table TT and he tables 55, SCOOP!

Nice pot for my last pot in th High Limit Room at the Trop.

8/11/08 in the wee hours of the morning the High Limit Room closes for ever. Slots shall take over that room after renovations have been made.

I been a Trop Poker room regular since 2000 so I have many memories up there playing with my friends and the locals, Its fine sitting in the stupid part of the poker room, but please, please, I hope I never have to sit in the Simulcast area!

No comments: