Sponsors

Monday, August 18, 2008

2 Lessons: Free Hands are not free, Never Throw Dice!

I rode with Keon to a local $5-$10 3-way rotation game Saturday evening. Keon is a 1-trick pony when it comes to poker, but felt he needed to give some action. So I said I'll roll up there with him. The vast majority of the game are from the old school...I'm talking about 65 and older. We are babies to them! Anyway, I miracly was able to run my original $200 to a lil over $500 and leaked a little bit before cashing out cause Keon and Ricky busted. The plan was to head up to Atlantic City afterwards. Its around 11:30 and we are headed up to AC.

Keon had to stay behind and play Mommy so it was just Ricky and I. I didnt' want to drive, neither did Ricky, so lets just rent a car...we stop at BWI Airport and rent a fully loaded Chrysler 300M chromed out, leather seats, wood grain panels...It was indeed a very nice car!

Get to AC and stop at the Trop and play some poker. I get into the game for $400 at $1-$2 NL. No hands really stand out except the standard E plays and I finally get even, actually, up $45 bucks. Ricky is walking around the trop and I call him on his cell phone and ask if he is ready to roll now that I'm even, I say aight, come to my table and get me when you ready, I said that to buy some time till I was UTG. I always wanna see my "free" hands, but who knew it could be so expensive, He says, lets go, I say, got 5 more hands, 3 of 5 hands in, he hands me a rack to rack my chips up, I said, got 2 more, bout to go, get to my 2nd to last hand and look down to TT...Ricky already knows its gonna get ugly so he steps back and watches the hand go down. I make it $7 to go and get a couple riders and gets re-popped from Mr. Hollywood to $30...I tank a few seconds and make it $75 to go. He calls. Flop comes out KQ5 I believe and he checks and I stupidily check behind him. Turn comes out a 8 and I honestly don't know what happened after...Ricky knows...but the J falls on the river he checks and I check behind...he rivered a set of Jacks and for some reason I tought my TT was good all the way to the river not realizing he had JJ LOL I even said something like damn I was good all the way till the river, I swear, you'll always find the fish in the river! Um...He was ahead the whole time FISH.

After that hand, I cashed out $255 and head to our room and go to sleep for a lil while...Woke up, took a shower and hung out on the boardwalk, played some craps, did OK till I threw the dice...I even said, I can't throw dice cause for some reason the dice just can't cooperate with me. I threw my point, took the dice, one of the dice landed on the side of the chip, 5 up, the other a 2...WTF...man fuck craps, that was a $100 reminder not to throw dice, ended up stairs at a $15 Black Jack table and got my Meatball back from the Crap game and called it a night, had to be home Monday Morning by 7, so we left AC at 4:15am and headed back home...Of course I didn't make it by 7, I was lucky Cheyenne's Mom was running late in dropping her off!

1 comment:

nacgator said...

PLEASE lemme know next time you are at a craps table so I can bet against the dice.