Sponsors

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year! 2007 In Review

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone partied safely New Years Eve to bring in 2008!!

I haven't writtin on purpose cause' I wanted to wait till the new years and start fresh. So on that note, I hope everyone had a great Holiday this month and ready to take on '08!

2007 was a decent year, this was my first year not working in a real job. I'm not going to say it was easy to pull off, but I did it this year! Let me be honest, if I was solely dependent on poker play, I'd already have lost my house, prolly staying with my parents and prolly working the corners of 13th and M St, NW catchin tricks. No I wouldn't go that far, but you get the picture.

I have to thank the hosts of the other MD circuit home games for giving me a gig different nights of the week to deal there games, I also have to thank my players for supporting the Pink Game and the Monday Night NL Games! 2008 Ricky and I will come up with more things to show our appreciation for our players attending our games. Seriously, Thank you all very much for the support this past year!

Like I said, 2007 had allot of ups and downs, suprises, drama, twists and turns...It had allot of happy days, sad days, scary days...Lets go back and look back at '07 and see the memorable moments!

- Dealt a hell of a lot of games this year!
- Sick Hit' N' Run - Travis has KK, Jeff has JJ, New Guy (Jake) has AQ, Jake is just calling
through out the whole betting sequence and everyone is all in on the flop, Trav's KK gets
to the mighty AQ for a <$800 pot and right after, Jake says, "fuck that, im done!"
- 2nd Year at playing ATLARGE, I final tabled the NL event for a 8th place finish.
- Running Pink and the Monday Night NL Games with Keenan after moving from my Folks
house.
- Going to Atlantic City with Keon and Travis for one of the greatest cash game sessions ever!
Not only did all three of us come home a winner, Travis and I dominated the table to be known
as one of the SICKEST $1-$2 NL games ever! Then we get pulled over and Keon tells the cop
may all his pots be live and his cards be monster. What a jack ass! Its even funnier cause he
said it backwards!
- Took a trip to AC with my parents, I was able to bring Cheyenne with me, we got to hang out
at the Steel Pier, play arcade games at the arcade, and wonder around the hotel, then at night
I threw chips around the poker table, My parents and Cheyenne were able to watch the action
from the outside at the Showboat.
- After 3 years, $1 for $1 for pots <$100, the Bad Beat Jackpot was finally hit! Coach Jimbo and
Jefferson were the players that hit it, AAAKK vs. AAAQQ. The Jackpot was $5500 bucks!
- Travis and Nelly break up and that marks the fall of the Donkey Coral Legacy.
- Keenan moves in a hot room mate, NL Game is now on hold, Pink game is now squatting at
different host's homes. Started at the Coral, Then moved to the Pdoggie's Playground.
- I catch a bad beat from Gypsy Pete after him selling me a fluke ass Cadillac STS, then him
running off with out getting my money back or a new car.
- Wanting to rebuy 1K in a $1-$1 NL game that ran for 2 days straight
- I get a new partner for the Pink Game and the NL Game, back at Laurel! Ricky and I are
running Pink and Monday Nights, The game has taking a big change for the better!
- I cashed in the FTOPS VI, Event #6 - Stud H/L.

I finished up the year and celebrated New Years Eve like I do every year, I hung with the crew, the OG's of that good ole 5 Double 0...Played some cards and got TWISTED!

So whats new for this year?

- I plan to improve budgeting of my money.
- I would LOVE to be more disciplined when playing poker...It seems to me that just because
I have back up income source is an excuse to play bad...its not, I should be playing more like
its my sole source of income.
- I need to work on actually keeping a poker bank roll.
- Keep poker tracking in the black, Red SUCKS!
- START MAKING TIME FOR MYSELF INSTEAD OF POKER ALL DAY, EVERYDAY!

I hope everyone has a great 2008 and i'll see you up AC at the tables!

2 comments:

Haga said...

Yo E Dawg, have you ever considered using a poker tracker?? Cardplayer.com has one for free, it tracks your sessions and tournaments that you play in and is really helpful.. I initially started using it, then stopped right around the time I started playing at MD-poker, but I'm back to using it again, and it helps me know how I am doing bankroll wise... You should take a look at it..

The Russet Room said...

you know what, i forgot about that, i used it a while ago then forgot to enter it, i think i'll try and use it...i just made a spreadsheet on excel to track for me...this might be easier...