Sponsors

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mental Stress...

After playing at Pops place earlier today...I must say, this game is stupid and brutal to the mind...I mean...The game is fun...in a way...I love playing...but to be stuck so early in the game sucks...River Ed showed his face today, and I love playing with River Ed...He is so good for the game, and he loves to gamboooool. Crazy Gypsy, River Ed, Travis, Keenan, and Georgia Ave made for an interesting start for the game...I ended up shipping my stack on the side pot when I ended up calling River Ed's all in with Queen High...Crazy Gypsy scooped the main pot with a pair of Tens...How do I miss my draw? I flopped a flush draw, turned an open ended straight draw with my flush and the board pairs on the river...all my chips are in the middle on the turn...Keenan is ready to roll to go out tonight with some friends, and I decide im leaving with him...I sit for a minute and watch and Noelle lent me $100 to play, I got $50 for dealing the tournament so I got back in the game for another $150...Came time for Keenan to roll so I try to cash out and was informed that Pops would take all us home, so i ended up staying...good thing too!

As my towers started to build, I'm a little more confident playing now...End up runnin my stack to a little over $600 when Devo decides he is leaving at 11:30 to go home..heh, i gotta deal at Ankur's game anyway, so I roll out with him...With River Ed puttin max pressure on you, I just didn't feel like dealing with all that stress especially after flopping trip 3s and just cold calling River Ed till the river when he decides to put all his chips in the middle...he has me covered, and I think for a while and end up mucking my hand...I played it so bad, got on a little tilt and got in a hand with Devo...of course River Ed raises to $15 to see the flop, and i look down to Q9 in the cut off with 5 callers...Flop comes out Q98 and devo bets out $60, I think for a minute and just cold call and River ed and everyone else folds...turn came out a 4 maybe? whatever it was, wasn't very threatening...Devo fires out $80...i think for a second to get my balls together and raise him to $160 to see where he is at...he folds fairly quickly...I wasn't sure if he was playing the beast or not...so I had to see where he was at...When we left, he asked what I was re-raising him with and I told him top 2..I asked if he had AQ and he told me he did have a Queen with a shitty kicker, but he told me he only did that to get River Ed in on the hand...after I cold call, Ed folds and it didn't work out the way Devo wanted it too...

I end up leaving after squaring up with Noelle and River Ed with a small profit...

Off to Ankur's game Sunday Afternoon to deal it...hopefully I can make some decent change up in there and then next game after that will be at Jeff's game out Laurel...so I got a couple days with some decent work to hopefully be able to make some change to get this morgtage out the way and square up with Ricky and Steve and I can feel a whole lot better with out any debts behind my back!!!!!

No comments: