Sponsors

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Weee..Rollercoasters Are Fun!!

Went over to the Donkey Coral tonight to play some $1-$2 NL. I was looking forward to playing tonight since it would be the first time in a while I'm playing a "free man" I decided that I was gonna play tonight a little more aggressive than normal...since everyone says I sit on my orignal buy in the whole night meaning I sit and play tight...I also play very passive...Tonight wasn't gonna be that kind of night...I was gonna play more aggressive, see more flops...raise alot of pots and see how it works out...and that mixture of plays makes for a hell of a roller coaster ride...

I got in the game for $200 at first and worked up my stack to a little over $350...oh yeah, i shipped...shipped it right to Bessman's Stack...It was a SICK hand too...wow it was sick...I'm in the Cut Off with Pocket 10s...and its a straddled pot that was limped around to me...5 callers till it got to me and i stuck $15 on top of that and made it $19 to go...4 callers to see the flop...ATA comes out...Nice :) , checks to me, i bet out somethin like $50 and folds to Bessman who re-raises me to i have no clue cause soon as he said raise, and stuck chips out there, i just pushed all in..took him a while to call but when he finally called i turned over my TT for 10s full of Aces...of course he has an ace...A7 to be exact...and long and behold...that magical 7 falls on the turn...Blah...$600+ pot down the drain...Oh i was HEATED!!!

Rebought for another $200 and ran that back up to a little over $500...and that itself was a roller coaster ride, with that running down to less than $120...back up to over $400...then back down....WEEEE its really fun!!!

I talked my way out of a chopped pot when I raised $12 with 8h9h preflop to get 3 callers...Flop comes out TJ4 with two clubs out there....I'm OE with no flush draw and its checked around to me and I bet the flop for $20 bucks or so...JackJr. called and the Qc hits the turn...I bet out $60 on the turn and he goes into the tank...he shows me 89o for the straight...and i just sit there...he asked me what I have behind my 60 bucks bet and i just shoved my chips in there...i tell him if he just smooth calls, you might as well put me all in cause im stickin my stack out there on the river regardless what comes out...I also mention he called me with that bullshit when I raised that pot...he finally mucks his cards and I turn over the same hand...I think that tilted him the rest of the night cause it wasn't long till he ended up shipping the rest of his stack...I Talked my way out of choppin a pot though...WHEW!

Last hand of the evening, Me and Katie are mixed up in a hand...I End up flopping 2 to the club flushy...she bets out and i just call...hit my flushy on the turn...5 high flushy...she bets out 40, I min raise it to 80, she then procedes to raise well tried to raise 100 on top, but she put out 8 blues thinking that was 40 when it was 80 then went back for chips to stick 100 out there...OOPS...String Raise...its only 40 to call, i call it and check the river down and she shows me KQclubs which makes me stuck $45 for the night...considering how all my hands played out, I'm pretty content on being stuck $45...it could've been alot worse than that...

Dealing the College Park game Thursday, then the Pink Game is on and poppin on Friday!

2 comments:

SoveriegnOne said...

Raising preflop got you that pot mostly, because I had to put you on a hand like A/K, or even the possibility of some sort of high card flush.

You did talk yourself out of a chop though, but your preflop raise made me think A/K, and thats why I went into the tank.

Anonymous said...

Yo E you know I only kid you about your buy-ins because I like you, and...well you really do sit on it there ROCK-star.

The Corral should of been money on wednesday. You were playing really well too, I thought. I think most normal donkeys would of layed down the hands that the calling station hit you with. And Bessman had a nice night too. He showed a little higher thinking in a few hands against me, might be something to keep in mind.