Sponsors

Friday, October 05, 2007

Always Learning!

The Wednesday $1-$2 Game was on and poppin this past Wednesday, and if you ever Talked to Erick, Everytime we have chinese food there, the actiong gets pretty disgusting. Well thats what we ate. The game looked to be a short game with Nelly and I actually playing, but we had a nice turn out with a couple new faces.

The action was pretty sick, The chips were flying none the less! Ran my stack up peaking around $570 or so...and the way I was playing,well, I was playing like I do at Big Chris house, Like a maniac. if I came in the pot, i came in raising, and really didn't care what 2 cards I was holding. If it was straddled, I made it a point to raise it, specially if alot of limpers. Simply put, it was a hell of a roller-coaster ride! I was just in one of those moods, I didn't care if I lost, and my stacks fluctuated up and down, up and down.

I doubled up on a nice hand., UTG I look down to AJo, Limped around to Jefferson who makes it $12 to go, I call, Kenny calls and I think we picked up another caller as well. Flop comes out 78J (2 hearts). I check, Kenny checks, check, Jefferson makes it $20, I insta call, Kenny raises it to $80 folds around, and Jefferson doesn't look like he wants to fold then does it, I re-evaluate my hand, Kenny just bluffed me off a big pot couple hands ago, I decide to go all in. With kenny covering me, after the $80 bet, it was only $93 bucks to call or something like that. He thinks, asks me if I have a SB Special, I sit there as to try and give nothing away, Now I want him to call, he does, turn brings blank, river brings the flush out, I turn over AJ and he looks at his cards, looks at the board, says I'm good, he flips over 89 for midpair and a Gut shot. Now its on!

I'm on the Button with 6d4d, Kenny, UTG makes it $11 to go, picked up 5 callers, "I can't fold now, call" 6 see the flop

Flop: 66A

checks around to Solo who makes it $20 to go, I call, everyone folds.

Turn: duece.

Check, Check.

River: 4

Solo slids $50 into the pot, I think, and announce Raise it up. $75 more, I wanted to put Solo all in, but I didn't think he would call...$75 was just right, he makes the call. Ship It!

I double Kenny up when he moves seats and goes all in with AK and flops an ace, I say good luck, he knows what I have..."dirty motha fucka" he says...his Ace holds up, I ship him close to $100...24 no good :(

Here is where I learn my lesson...

Now there were 2 new guys from Keons games. Good folks, Decent players, Usually I expect some big fish comin from Keon's games that he goes too, but these guys were really not fish.

Now Im in the CO with TJo and make it $12 to go, I get one caller, new guy.

Flop: T55

I make it $17 to go, John thinks, "Raise" Now its $50, He's been waiting to do this all night to me, both of us are fairly deep stacked compared to the table. I think for a minute, shuffle chips around, Re-raise, I made it $100...He thinks and moves all in..I tried to get some info on it, hoping for just a call...but that min bet was screaming, "I think I have the best hand, but I'm really not sure" and a real bet should get me outta there, I think, think, and give him the benefit of the doubt, and fold my hand after thinking forever. His friend says he had the 5 quietly to him and I heard him and was in digust, "Wow, I did have the best hand" I told John, He says, I only did that cause I know you can lay down big hands, I saw you do it to Jefferson earlier in the night and heard you say that to him. and if you all know me, I lay down big hands to Jefferson allot! I kick myself cause I'm pretty sure now I have the best hand.

anyway, point is that these new guys payed close attention to all the action, and used all the information they were given, and honestly, they got ALLOT of information from all of us. At the Coral, we are all friends, we play to have fun and gamble, but they came to make money. And with all the friendlyness going on, I show alot of bluffs, I expose my cards after hands, I talk too much...I see this is a Major leak in my game and Steve pointed that out to me yesterday talking to him on AIM. I give out too much information and the players that play down here, friendly as it may be, are decent players, as much as we call each other fish, I have allot of respect for everyones game around here and I KNOW FOR A FACT, that they use all the information wisely. Hmmm...I wonder why Its so hard for me to beat allot the games here in MD...maybe cause I just put it on a chalkboard of exactly how I play, reading my blog also just shows how bad I play and everyone can use it to there advantage. At the poker table from now on, Information will not be given ANYMORE. I want to see how this might be able to improve my game, cause I always say, It's so much easier to beat AC, and in AC, I have the mindset to make money, not have fun and make friends. I hardly ever show my cards or talk about strategy and my reasoning behind my decisions. So going to the MD Circuit games, I'm gonna act like I'm in some far off underground poker room 200 miles away from AC. That doesn't mean I won't have fun, I'm just gonna be more serious about playing. Matter of fact, the more I think about it, The quiet ones at the games are usually soaking up all this info all of us give out. Its a different ball game now you all!

Anyway, I just want to talk about one more hand before I let you all go, cause Set over set is always fun!

I went over to steve's game last night to deal, Bi is usually in the box when I get there, it was 9 handed, I was bored and still itchin to play, I havae been playing all week so far, so why not one more day? Seth was on his way to the game as well as others, so I sat down with the intentions to get up when they arrive to avoid stacking off and just deal as planned.

2nd hand in...

I played for 1 hour, played 2 hands. Tom raise makes it $12 and gets 6 callers, I join in the ride in the Small Blind. I have Pocket 5s.

Pot: $72
Flop comes out: T54

I bet out $20, call, call, call Raise to $60, I re-raise $75 on top of that, folds around to her, she goes all in for a total of $265, I cover.

Pot: $590

Turn: T
River: 8

She turns over pocket 4s for 444TT
wow am I a lucky bitch! Ship It! Flopping Set over set is always a fun ride!

Pink tonight looks sick...should be some good stories tonight!

3 comments:

Haga said...

You FISH...

SoveriegnOne said...

Yeah, thats something I learned awhile back, you remember, I used to show hands all the time, now, I might once in awhile.

My problem is I dont play enough now, so im either rusty, or just dont have a feel for it.

Ehonda said...

Or maybe you are a big ole fish!