Sponsors

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Its Time To Make Some Changes

I don't know what it is, I've just been playin so badly, I'm the biggest fish ever these past couple months and I just don't know what to do anymore...I can't help shipping my stack and distributing my chips across the table...am I playing with the same group too long? Do I just get that unlucky whenever someone sucks out something viscious on me? Whatever the reason is, it all comes down to one thing...I play bad and it shows.

I HAVE TO PUT A STOP TO THIS...Maybe I have too much on my mind lately...which I do but I won't put it out here...but has it been causing me to play incorrectly? To make bad decisions? My Tilt meter has been more sensitive lately also...Its too easy to tilt me now...My patience has been running thin as well...all signs of destruction and going BROKE. I don't have a job and soley count on playing, hosting and dealing to make ends meet, and if I can't work it out the right way, im going to be in alot of trouble...

Not only poker that I have been making bad decisions...also my life decisions have been a little suspect...I've been doing alot of stupid shit lately as well...I've gotten O.C. with it...just running wild...and it needs to stop...I'm putting myself on restriction...restriction? Yes, restriction! No More Poker Games to play in...No More wildin' out on my free time...I've also found myself neglecting my family and friends as well...

New plan from this point forward...Dealing and hosting will be on my agenda...I need to rebuild some type of bankroll and manage it correctly. Its hard not to jump into a game, but I'm going to have to just practice strong will power...Let this money stack so I'm comfortable with what im doing with it...Spend more time with my daughter...flat out take a break from playing in games...Thats it...

I know its gonna be hard to believe, especially when I have friends that will try to make me play...I'm just going to have to practice "NO" for some time now...but its not bad to take a break and just do other things....

Its getting warmer, I'm going to go play some golf with my cousins again. I'm going to get enough sleep during the week and try to eat better...be more healhy with it...Excersice more...Hopefully when I jump in the game, I'll have a whole new attitude, a good attitude, patience, good judgement and hopefully be more profitable playing again..till then, we'll see how it works out...

BTW...if you haven't guessed, all this came from taking another loss at my Pink Game this past Friday and Pops game tonight...I was so irritated at my bad play, that I was ready to drive like a maniac on BW Parkway....I felt really angry tonight and this is not the way it should be...definately a wake up call for me.

4 comments:

SoveriegnOne said...

I dont know what you do in your personal life, but I do remember some time back you were stuck in the same trouble on the felt because you thought your mind wasnt right. I was goin through the same shit, and you talked to me, and reminded me that I need to be good with my karma, cuz it translates into your play. First thing is to recognize the problem, and you got a plan, thats half the battle. If you ever need to talk bro, you know how to reach me, Ill have a drink with you, and talk to you about anything thats bothering you.

Ehonda said...

Yeah I remember that...Shit is true man..foreal...

Nick said...

E.. sorry to hear your running bad. I have always enjoyed playing with you at the table, so I will be honest with you. You are a solid tight player and you will be profitable in the long run. But your current flaw is something that many players have known for awhile and you wrote in this post.

"I don't have a job and soley count on playing"

Knowing this many players will take shots at you and possibly move all-in knowing you are going to fold, because you need that money that is on that table. Players have more fold-equity betting against you then other players at the table.

It sounds like you may also be burning yourself out or not sleeping enough, I don't know. But maybe you need to get a part-time job to get a steady paycheck and then play at night? This way the money you bet would'nt have as much weight on you.

Your a funny dude and a good time at the table. If you ever want to bounce anything off me feel free to send me PM or e-mail.

JB

Ehonda said...

Thanks JB...I agree with you with the bankroll thing, when I did have the money to play, I didn't care if I lost or not, but you are right, i have to bring my roll back up in order to play correctly