Sponsors

Monday, March 05, 2007

ATLARGE Weekend in AC

We headed up to Atlantic City for the ATLARGE events at the Taj Mahal for the weekend. We had a good time and it was a ton of fun...

We had blocked off about 3 rooms for a good majority of folks from MDP and our local home games to room together...

Got to the Trop and sat at a $1-$2 NL Table and did pretty well first night in...walked out with a profit but lost track of time...I kept saying I was gonna go to bed at 3am so I can get some decent rest for the HOE tourney at the Taj in the morning...Heh...It was 9am when I went upstairs to take a shower and everyone was almost ready to leave for the trop...I'm dead tired and we all make our way to the Taj for breakfast before the tourney.

I didn't do well at the HOE tourney, more irritated being card dead and im just so tired, Keenan ends up getting sat at my table and I end up shipping him the rest of my stack in an Omaha H/L Round..."good game fellas" walk out the poker room, jump in a cab, head back to my room and slept till dinner that was being held in the ballroom at the Taj...Dinner was fun with everyone, the food was pretty good...Headed back to the trop to get some pink action going!

We arrive at the Trop and asked George to spread a Pink $5-$10 2 way game, Holdem' and Omaha H/L...The game was pretty good, I did do some disgusting though...Probably the only hand I remember from the session...

I can't remember what I had in my hand, but it was trash that flopped a gutshot straight flush draw....it was capped on the flop maybe 5 ways...(Not too sure of the gory details) but I show Katie my cards and whisper to her, Ima try and peel this card...the money card was the 9d to make my hand, and the next card to peel on the turn was the 9d...wow....capped again on the turn, only 1 bet on the river when it was down to 3..somebody hit the nut flush, but I had the stone cold nuts to scoop a huge pot...tipped the dealer good and smooth coasted the rest of the game...

After the game broke, I decide to sit at a $1-$2 NL Table...Paul ended up sitting with me, and it was some cocky college kids there, talking shit, just thinking they are the shit..I whisper to Paul, I'm going to crack one of these mother fuckers...after sitting around, I pick up pocket 10s..I make it 12 to go and get 5 callers...973 hits the flop and one of the college kids throws $30 bet out there, pick up 1 caller and folds around to me and I shove my stack in there, Its not much, about $130 left after the previous action...he insta calls and shows me a 97o for 2 pair...Turn sets me when a 10 rolls off, then a blank hits the river, 2 pair didn't stand up, OESD didn't get there, and the pot gets pushed to me...Now im sitting nice and one of the college kids is still talkin shit after playing bad jumping out of his seat, huffing and puffing and talking to himself...Now I look down to AA and make it $17 to go UTG...folds around to the goofy college kid who now shoves his stack in the middle for a little over $100, folds to the guy to my immediate right who just calls the bet...I say, "Fuck it, all in" and shove my stack in the middle...guy goes are you serious? and shoves his stack in for a little over $150 and I have him covered...My Aces stands up and scoops another monster pot...Game breaks not too long after that and then I decide im going to bed, walk past a table and say, eh, fuck it..I'll sit till its time for the NL Tourney...Yeah, great idea...one guy is on a major heater..

Heater guy makes it $11 to go preflop, look down to pocket Q...I re-raise him and make it $45 to go...he calls. T73 board comes out and I bet $75 and he calls, now im scared and confused...turn brings a non pairing, non flushy or staright card out, so I make a $150 bet on th turn and get re-raised all in...I fold and he shows me a set of 7s...

I decided it was time to go upstairs after hitting the 2nd nut flush to dudes ace high flush when I mushed all in and get insta called. I ship everything and go to bed stuck.

Saturday Morning, I get ready to go to the Taj for the NL Holdem tournament for ATLARGE. Pretty sleepy too, go a little early with Paul so we both can register and grab breakfast. Breakfast just gave me the itis and made things worse. I'll just either go out early, and go to bed, or try to win this thing...

Tournament had a decent structure, 132 players entered the tournament for a 5K payday for 1st place. Made it to the first break with 2100 in chips, we all started with 3K in chips with 30 minute blinds...Blinds are getting up there now, and I'm pretty much all in with any raise. Paul talked me into playing good cause im not out of the race...so I did...players were dropping like flies and next thing you know, I was above chip average winning alot of races when pushing with nice pairs getting called with the bullshit.

I ended up final tabling the tournament. First hand after break when we broke into the final table, I get dealt AKh in the big blind. Guy under the gun moves all in and folds around to me, I call. we both flip our cards and he had AJo. I'm feeling good about this right now...

Flop: TQK
the railbirds and the table went off LOL wow i was blown
Turn: 3
River: J
CHOP IT UP!

WHEW...sitting in the final table short stacked with 24k with blinds at 4K-8K so its just mush time, KK, all in...guy is in the tank, folds, very next hand, 44, I mush again, he finally decides to look me up with AQo and tags his ace on the turn. I'm out of the tourney in 8th place.

Sunday was just in ship it mode. Sat at $2-$5 NL and lost a decent pot for $1200...Raised AJs to get a million callers...Flop was K83(2 spades) first to act bets 10, I raise to 60, then get re-raised to 120, call, call...Turn is a 10, check, check, all in, call, I push all in cause it would leave me with 75 bucks so might as well stick it in. flopped set of 8s takes down the pot..play a little pink to kill time before we leave then we head back home.

I had a great time playing, and can't wait for the next ATLARGE event next year...Only stuck $100 bucks the whole weekend...what a fuckin roller coaster!

1 comment:

Nick said...

"Raised AJs to get a million callers...Flop was K83(2 spades) first to act bets 10, I raise to 60"

I don't like this raise because you have no fold equity (ie: you are going to get called and all you have is a draw).

Next time just call and pray for your spade.. you are behind on the hand.

Overall it sounded like a fun trip.