Sponsors

Monday, January 19, 2009

Guess I'll finally talk about the tournament

If you haven't figured it out, I didn't make the money in Event 1 in the Borgata's WPO this year. It sucks not to make the money and make it so deep in the tournament. Not even that, get through day 1, drive back to MD, then have to drive back up in 2 days to play day 2 since day 1 was split up into 2 different days.

I'm a terrible Tournament player. I just don't have enough experience in these big multi-day tournaments...

I thought I was doing ok, sitting through out day one above chip average. I think I played too tight just trying to make it to day 2. I think I played way too tight through out the whole tournament. I hated myself for not making the money, but what should I expect being it only the 2nd big multi-day tournament I have played in. I think I need to re-read some books again on tournament poker, look back how I played this tournament and find my mistakes, I realize I am still in school when it comes to tournament poker, oh don't get me wrong...I'm still in school when it comes to cash games, at least I have a little more confidence when it comes to cash games then tournaments.

But I do believe I have some potential to become a better tournament player when I understand how to go about it better. I'm just glad it happened now. I'm so motivated right now to turn myself around and become more serious about this shit. I mean I'm about to really try to learn this game inside and out...Bamas tapped that tank the past couple years and its time I got my shit together cause I aint gonna be that guy at the poker table nomore.

WTF man, I WAS the biggest fish at table 9 on day 1a of event 1....fucked up foreal...

1 comment:

billy said...

i fell ya man.I told myself either im gonna take it serious or stop playing