Sponsors

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Welp, Made it to day 2

First off, This shit is all new to me so I'm jive excited about the whole thing. I am really not a tournament player at all...I'd rather grind it out at the cash game tables. But I thought it would be cool and fun to play in a big tournament rather than the normal daily tournaments up in AC.

It wasn't what I expected at all...It's long as shit, I'm pretty sure we started with 770 players and they said they are expecting and going to cap day 1B at 900 players, making the prize pool jive hefty!

I don't think I was all the way prepared for this. Its a long ass grind man, it'll ware you out foreal, after all that, I didn't even feel like playing poker anymore...went straight to my room and wanted to throw craps or just go to sleep.

I told you all I wasn't going to be fucking around anymore playing, and that's how I played last night, I had to have mucked my deuce-four hand plenty of times, I didn't get cute, played as solid as I could. All I know is, I need alot of schooling when it comes to tournament poker...I'm just glad and more surprised that I actually made it this far!

Honestly, there are not alot of hands that stand out, I didn't have to go to showdown alot, and if I did, I was good, I don't remember getting into any hands that lost at showdown to be truthfull...

Welp, I'm just rolling in the house from AC to work a game tonight then I'm headed back up to AC to play day 2...Lets just hope I can get some chips early cause I'm going to have to do some work when I start the day out going into day 2 with $T77,700 in chips and level 15 will be (ante/SB/BB)500/3000/6000 leaving me with not that much room to sit around and leak...Hopefully I'll have to spend the night Thursday to play the Final Table on Friday...If that happens, I'll be up there the rest of the weekend to play a satellite to get into the main event that has a 2 Million Guaranteefd prize pool!

No comments: