Sponsors

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

$5-$10 "3-4-5" with the Older Crowd

I know I said I wasn't going to be playing this month, but I just can't help myself...I actually went over to Natalia's place cause I thought I was gonna deal, but brought $200 bucks just in case to give some action cause she has been comin to the Pink game and gave me a dealer spot at one of her games she hosts...I knew her normal dealer was back in town, and she called me to just come over...I did indeed deal a couple shifts, but really didn't feel like it, so I told her I wanted to just jump in the game and give action...and thats what I did...

Dealt 2 shifts cause the table was full so might as well try to make some tip money to freeroll most of my buy in...

3-4-5...is the game of choice there...Its 3 card holdem H/L, 4 card which is Omaha H/L, then 5 card Omaha H/L...crazy action game and the limits there is $5-$10...comparing to the pink game, aint that many chips being tossed around using the normal $5 red chips...

It was pretty funny that Leonard, one of the hosts asked me to just deal instead of playing cause he said I don't know what I'm getting myself into....I don't know how they "Play" the game...I've dealt the game once before and watch the donkiness that I was stepping into...and yes, they play like some donks...Its an older crowd with the youngest being me and Eric while the rest of the crowd is 50+...Its an older crowd compared to the games I've dealt at or been too...and its funny just to watch them play...anyway, knowing how they played, I went into the game playing good starting hands...not sure what was good starting hands, but made sure it was hands that could run into the nuts both ways...and bailed when I thought my hand was dead or comin in 2nd best...and it worked, specially how aggressive they can be raising with the shittiest hands ever and getting there...they play so bad, but I came out on top...alot...cashing out with a decent profit out of there....

This brings me to what I was thinking about on the ride home last night, Maybe I'm not running bad, but PLAYING bad...I think when I am playing NL, My patience is thin, and forcing alot of hands to win...playing over aggressive as well...I'm going to give NL another shot this Wednesday at Travis House on Wednesday...I can go to Goodfellas game tonight, but would rather just chill out and not press my luck, and relax at home, clean up, and hang out and have some time to myself maybe read some books, watch a DVD, and get some sleep for a change...Hopefully I won't play so bad at Trav and Nelly's game this comin Wednesday...

No comments: