Sponsors

Friday, February 16, 2007

Who knew the straddle was a piece of gold?

When I said I was gonna deal the Fish Tank last night to see some crazy action, I wasn't lying...Indeed it was a CLASSIC evening!

Pops made a nice piece of change lastnight! Pops told me a story from last Tuesdays Game, but I promised I won't put it out there...ask Pops and maybe he will tell you the story, but you won't get it out from me, but it is classic!

The night started out with crazy action...seen alot of huge pots at start of the game...But it really didn't get too crazy till the wee hours of the morning...after 2 AM...

Candice got some dealing time, which was good for me so I can get a break, but soon as she sits down, couple hands later...she lets Erwin hit the Quad Jacks Bonus...and from what I heard from Candice's Friend was it was some crazy action...from here on out, we'll call Candice Friend that I have no clue what his name as CBF...Anyway, the quad jacks paid out $640 bucks to Erwin which he took in cash. He already had a decent stack in front of him.

Dimitri comes in the game after 2am and gets in the game for a million bucks...he is runnin REAL BAD...and decides he is going to blame Erwin for calling him out...they get into alot of verbal arguments and tells Erwin if he ever calls him after 2am to play poker, never to do that, in a threatining manner...He even went as far as if you ever want to play so early in the morning, come over his house and play heads up for any amount of money...which I found very humerous...and so did the rest of the table...Dimitri ships it all night, yelling at Erwin, blaming him for dragging him out the house, then threatens that he Erwin calls him again he would shoot him which is even funnier!

Now the straddle is golden....why? This is where CBF comes in...

Danny, a new regular at the Fish Tank missed his straddle...CBF is sitting behind everyone and there is an open seat in the 7 seat, so everyone invites him to sit down and watch the game from there instead of looking behind the 4 and 5 seats shoulders...he comes over and sits down...and Danny offers to give him the rock to play...the whole table had to agree, but Eddie said he didn't like it...but he didn't want to be the odd man out and was like fuck it...so I dealt him a hand and a couple people called maybe 4 spots called the straddle...flop comes out, couple people bet out, and Erwin sticks a big raise in there to "Protect" CBF...yeah good job, he lost the pot and CBF takes the pot down...and he played tight...getting his stack in with the best of it and as I sat there and watched that $6 free straddle from Danny, I would look at Danny and laugh my ass off cause his stack went from $6 bucks to over $250 in no time...Thats when everyone wanted to be dicks and be like, you should cash out now...I even heard I don't want him taking my stack when he only had $6 bucks...BUT YOU ALL LET HIM PLAY WITH IT, DON'T COMPLAIN NOW, AND YOU CAN'T FORCE HIM TO CASH OUT...In My Opinion, that would be the last thing I want is for him to cash out after running good, running his $6 bucks to way over $200...I guarantee that will never happen, and I knew it was gonna happen in the back of my head...

You know what sucks...most of the night, I knew what everyone was holding, and knew who was gonna win and can push the board up to show what was gonna win before the winner can table his cards...why can't I get reads like this when I play poker? Some crazy shit, That just shows me, that I don't pay as close attention when I play...which I need to start doing, I think I have just discovered 1 of a million leaks in my game...so I'm going to try and fine tune that either tonight at the pink game, or if I don't get a chance to play tonight, at Pops game Saturday Afternoon...I'm pretty sure there should be some nice stories tonight!

No comments: