Sponsors

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

I forgot about the Hammer...

LOL

If you are a regular at the trop, you might know who I'm talking about...Yankees fan, Puerto Rican cat always has his hat tilted...maybe mid twenties-ish...

Anyway...

I'm in the Big Blind....THE BIG BLIND...

Look down to 72o

Limped pot 4 players....

Pot: $8
Flop: J72 RB
Check-$10-Fold-I min raise to $20-Fold-Call

Pot: $48
Turn: [J72] 3h (2 Hearts on board now)
Check-$20-Call

Pot: $88
River: [J723] 9
Check-$50-He looks at me like WTF-Calls

Pot: $188
Showdown: AJd vs. 72o

Needless to say he was very Sick and asked..."Why the Fuck did I play that hand..."
" Wow dude....I'm in the big blind dude" laughing..and ask, "what do you want me to do? How do you not raise AJd anyway????

7 hands later he looks up and says..."How do you play 72 man...thats just sick"...and gets up from the table....

I guess I have to fold my BB if I am dealt 72o...Personally, I like the hammer...

Hammer, Hammer, Hammer Time!

3 comments:

Keenan Keeling said...

Perhaps next time you should just throw your 72o in the BB straight into the muck, even though you can take a free flop...at least if you listen to that guy. I know who you're talking about too...he's a complainer. Likes to complain when he loses a pot to junk hands.

Although, how do you not bet more on the turn?

Karol said...

Hey, you can't play the hammer unless you raise with it! What kind of poker blogger are you!? ;-)

Ehonda said...

Keenan, I didn't want to scare him away from the pot so I put a half sized pot bet in there...Plus 2 hearts, just in case he turned the heart draw, I didn't want to pay him off too much if he hit the frush...

Ms. Karol...I know...I know...I'm supposed to raise that...That would've made the story alot more interesting and made dude oh so very angry, that would've been priceless! :o)