Sponsors

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I might be back!

I try to make my blogs all poker related....but I guess you can relate this entry to poker because it will help with "Bank-roll"

Anyway...As you all know I am currently looking for a new gig...I had an interview yesterday with A.J. Dwoskin & Associates, Inc. I met with the Vice President of Office and Retail Management, Ms. Carol L. Holder. Very nice lady...I believe the interview went very well...started off with her asking if I had a hard time finding the building...I kinda did, but I lied but I noticed this was a building my old job used to manage at Foulger-Pratt Companies. She was like, Oh yeah, that is right and started speaking about the property manager for that building..which was not in my portfolio, but I knew exactly who she was talkin bout and she wanted to clown him but decided it was best not too...we laughed about it though...Anyway, it wasn't much of an interview, she pretty much asked if my commute was hard being that I lived kinda far...told her, nope...actually it was a GREAT commute!! I mean, I ride one end of the Metro on the Orange Line to the other! I get a seat the whole way and I get to watch everyone rush to get a seat, stand or whateva...But you ask why is it a great commute? Well its 1 hour ride, like my last job, but I don't fight traffic, I don't drive, and I can't miss my stop when I fall asleep because its at the end of the line! How can you argue the fact I get to see the BEUTIFUL Women of DC in the summer time with their summer time business suits on..lookin all good...I might even find me a new girlfriend this summer...well find me a new friend to kick it with between playing poker! I get to stay fresh now, nice suits, fresh cut evey week again...man if I land this job, I will be so damn happy and its been a while since I have been a happy person...The benefits are off the hook except the Dental Plan...FLEX TIME!! What!!!! I can NEVER be late! lol Anyway, like I said it wasn't much of an interview, but gettin to know me, she was convinced that I have the qualifications and experience she is exactly looking for, the job description was pretty much my resume! She does have to meet with 2 other people this week, but I believe that I am the closest person she is looking for, being that she said that, but not in those words...Lets just cross our fingers and hope I can land this gig! Its funny...Ree asked my how my interview went and all I said was "it was aight" that was it....I don't need to speak more than I need to her...for what? Fuck that.....

Anyway, If I do get this gig, that means I don't have to beg to be someone's dealer and can actually play poker hopefully not Heinz poker cause I can actually put some money to the side to start my bankroll back up again!

It was tough to wake up yesterday...I like sleepin in till yall almost done with the work day, I like being up in the middle of the night when all is asleep...but I need to get my self together and get gig in order!

4 comments:

SoveriegnOne said...

Good to hear the interview went well, hopefully you can get back to the working world like the rest of us.

@OnAFoldDraw said...

Good luck E. Let's just hope your interviewer doesn't google herself (or you!), find your blog, and find out about "the real E Honda."

Keenan Keeling said...

I hope you land that job man. Happy to hear the interview went well (hard to imagine you all fresh)...

SoveriegnOne said...

LOL, I thought the same thing Keenan did, E in a suit, wow!