Sponsors

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Tilt is a Helluva Drug!!


Tilt is a Helluva Drug!!!

Scooter r
aised it to $12 to go...2 callers behind him, im next to act..."upstairs" $40 straight to roll....I believe 2 callers after me, including Scooter....Flop was low...Something like 368r...checks around to me, I make it $75..folds to scooter who pushes...$83 more..."Call" Turn brings 9, Can't remember the river, but im drawing dead...."Straight" Scooter says...flips over the monster 7cTc...for $40 bucks preflop...Nice Hand Sir!

Now I'm not one to tilt...maybe I am and just don't notice...but I try not to tilt so massively...At least I try to set my mind to pull out of it...Really its something that I shouldn't be mad about...I want that call preflop...I had my stack in the middle with the best of it with 80% to win the hand...I don't know if Scooter thought I was bullshittin or just tryin to outflop me...but for some reason that shit pissed me off...then on top of that...Scooter finally found his voice to talk shit now that he got chips in front of him...So I proceded to leak all my chips...I find myself being able to recover most of the time, but last night...I Couldn't get out of it...I just OD'ed off Tilt and there was no return....

I read an article in Bluff Magazine about bad beats and how, I think it was Annie Duke's Article, that these type of bad beats don't fade her...she says nice hand, and moves on. Just like she writes in the article...you want these type of plays cause in the long run, its always profitable...sometimes, luck gets in the way of it...and I agree with that 100% which is why I learned to take the bad beats...but its hard...its really hard to keep that mentality at all times...I ran my stack to a little over $600 pretty easily...and shipped it off even easier...after having a decent stack in a $1-$2 Game to look down and its gone off some bullshit...can really throw you off our game...After that hand, I played so horrible....I played soooo bad....

What should I do when that happens...lets see...with the circumstances last night...game got short...2 players talking bout they are leaving within 30 minutes....I look at my stack...im still up, not as much, but im up a little over $150 over my original buy in...I should go home...specially steaming....Another way to look at it is...it could've been worse, I'm still in the black...no worries and play solid till the game breaks...get up for a breather before gettin back in the game...don't force wins either...I have to remember I want these fish to play the way they do...so don't berate the player...make them feel good about their play and get them to play the same way and let the cards do the talking, let the chip stack do the talking...bottom line, LET IT GO!!!....no reason to tilt specially if you are still holding a profit and making the correct DECISION before the bad beat happens...

I could've walked out with a small profit...now im stuck $200 that should be sitting in my bankroll thanks to



Tilt is a helluva Drug!!!!!

This was a pretty expensive "refresher course" on that horrible thing they call "Tilt"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But they were sooooted!! I do not remember the hand exactly either but I think I had a double gutshot (or I had the flush draw too). Even in my Scooter-ish way of playing, I would not have pushed with only one gutshot. Much apologies for putting you on tilt.

- Scooter

Ehonda said...

don't apppologize, thats how the game goes man...I've done my share of bad beats myself sir!