Sponsors

Friday, December 29, 2006

Last entry for 2006!!!!

What a year this has been!!!

I managed to make it through the year with out a real job off dealing the local poker games and playing!!!! It has been rough though, I won't lie and it isn't an easy living...very stressfull and I don't get out as much as far as having fun with friends and family...That would be the only downside of this whole thing...maybe cause I have to grind at lower stake limits...But am I ready to step it up to a higher stake? I think not...I think I have to improve my game alot...I have to discipline myself alot and hopefully I can make 2007 a much more profitable yeah with alot more cushion to my bankroll...maybe if the money stops burning a hole in my pocket would help out alot...But December has been real good to me...I was running really well this month so I expect to run real bad in January...I don't think im that good to overcome fate or beat bad luck with skill to run well enough to make a huge profit this month so Im starting the '07 year with a break from poker, read a little more books, try to work on leaks in my game and alot of self improvement...as far as my health is concerned...and definately start building a bankroll to start off when I do get back on the felt opposite side of the box...

Being that the Holiday has caused me to miss blogging on a daily basis, let me catch up on the events that has been happening to close the year out...I just wish my last entry for the year could be a good one....Heh...Picture that...

After a good session at Goodfellas game, I dealt the College Park Game...Nothing new there, 'cept I got a little paranoid after blazing with charlie and got extra paranoid for some reason and cut out early LOL...it was morning anyway so I just called it a night....

Pink game went on as usual...It was a full game, but fell victim to Insta Break after Travis and Nelly had to leave a little earlier than Normal because of travel out of town for Christmas...I didn't ship it which was a good thing when I finally got into the game, but I didn't get to play long so I still wanted to play!!! Called Bill for the CP game and he said the game was about to break around 5am...I'll just call it a night and wait till saturday to play over in CP...

By the time I got myself together saturday Night, wanted to do some last minute shopping for Christmas, Called CP if the game was still going, game broke early, very early wow....tried hard to look for a game and a $2-$5 NL game was goin on in Montgomery County...when I called it was short handed so I said screw it, Bought $150 from Keenan on Absolute Poker and played online for the rest of the night...I played a $9K guaranteed Tourney online with bounties on the pros...$100 Buy in...Wasn't feeling it with 10 minutes left to start and tried to unregister, but can't...i missed the unregister deadline...I HAVE TO PLAY NOW...played well till I decided to play real bad when I flopped top pair with a KQo to a raise and 3 callers...guy in front of my pushed all in, Thought about it, called and the guy behind me just called as well...we checked it down cause dude was all in and he had Ak which domintaed me...Then got dealt AQs and pushed all in and got smashed by a guy holding a pair of 7s which held up...I was on the table with Lacey Jones also...

Big Chris had a Game on Christmas Eve...$1-$1 NL and I headed over there and proceded to play like an asshole...raisiing any 2 cards as normal over there, and flopping straights as soon as I sat down...wow..it was sick how hard I got hit with the deck...then all of a sudded shipped it, got it back, then shipped it again...I got in a hand with Frank where I flopped an OESD to his AQo where he hit Top Pair...He bet out, I raised him, He re-raised me, I went all in and he called, I tagged my straight on the turn and he argued the shit outta me that I made a bad play repushing when he re-raised me...I was supposed to respect that raise or somethin...I been hittin my draws all night, I was willing to rebuy if I missed but hit my draw...He argued with me which actually tilted me and I proceded to ship it the rest of the night....I didn't go broke over there, but remained stuck a small bit when I decided to cash out and go home...

Christmas was great, had a good time, felt good giving presents to everyone and spending time with the family....but what to do after that? I was supposed to run Travis and Noelle's game on Wednesday since they leave for Vegas on the 26th...I say happened to talk to Keon and say if the game doesn't go, Lets head to AC in the morning, Tuesday comes around and I locked a seat for Goodfellas Game in Odenton...Keon texted me and asked whats up with a game...I said Wednesday game isn't loking grim, but there is a game in Odenton, since Its that far from my place (20-25 minutes) We might as well just go to Atlantic City since the game was a no go for Wednesday...didn't take that much convincing to head to AC and we were off to AC around 6PM...cancelled my lock seat at Goodfellas game and headed to the Trop...

Got to the Trop and was seated at a boring, no action table...any raise, everyone folded...so I decided to play a little loose...picked up a couple pots here and there...then a guy sits down with glasses, and his iPod, starts raggin on a guy that has a ton of white chips...tryin to be cool...so I started talkin shit to him as well...I ended up busting him with AK when he tried to make a move, I raised him he went into the tank, exchaged some words and he pushed on my ass...insta call, my pair of aces held up, he picked his cards up and he did that with 3rd pair....he got up and left LOL...up a little over a meatball now, but shipped it missing my draws...rebuy, now im in the game for $400...shipped it...went over to Keon where he was sat on the same type of table and couldn't wait to leave...we head over to the Taj for the Midnite Tournament...

I busted 2 players the first 2 rounds and I was table captain till our table broke...I was running really well...it was 202 players in the tournament and I made it down to 6 tables left where blinds were outragouse at this point of the tournament...i raised pocket 77s 4x the BB and it was pretty much a 1/3 of my stack, guy pushed on me and I insta called cause we are heads up., figured I would race here..He turns over AQo and tags his Q on the river and he has me covered...I was looking for a double up to cruise to the final table, but lost that race, im out...by that time its almost 5am and decide to sit in a $5-$10 Limit game....I shipped $100 and figured it was time to go take a nap in the car cause I am not paying attention when I mucked a chopped pot that actually hurt me...stuck $550 before I go take a nap...

Take my nap and wake up and see Keon is still at the same table but with out the chips he had built before I went and napped...sitting there watching him, I decided to sit down and play to liven up the table...In for another $200, ran it up again to close to $400, shipped it down to $75, add on another ball...and shipped it, Keon shipped it, and decided that was enough ass kicking for the both of us to leave and go the hell home! stuck $850....I told Keon I was gonna run bad on the way up...I was due to run bad as well as I was running this month....

On the way home, I picked up a Bluff magazine and in the back there was a column with horrorscopes...I didn't read the whole columb but only read my reading...I look for Piscese and read the first line...."Jeez, you are fucked for the month, cards, dice, sports, romance, anything....." wow, thats pretty scary huh? Just more of a confirmation to take a break in January to build my roll up...

Not to mention I think we had a bite from Kharma as well...I get home, and because me and Keon didn't show up at the Odenton game, the game didn't go as there were only 5 players there with some coming from far that didn't get to play...Last I knew, the game was gonna be packed with a wait list so I didn't think the 2 of us mattered if we showed up or not...guess it did, and since we fucked his game up, Kharma fucked us up in AC....

I wish my last entry and my last trip to AC could be a good one, But the last game of the year at least for me will be tonights Pink Game, game is full at the time, I hope I don't have to jump in cause I know I'm runnin bad...supposed to go to Diggs New Years Party/game as well...he asked me to deal it, decided I wanted to play instead, got Kenny a gig to deal, now I'm going to see if I can split shifts with him instead of playing, if not, I might play, but I might just go to party though...

I wish everyone a Happy New Years and don't get too twisted and hope everyone brings in the New Year safe and sound!!!!

Thanks to you all that has made the Pink game successful and you ladies and gentlemen for reading me blab this year!

No comments: