Sponsors

Friday, June 09, 2006

Cutty's Thursday Tourney

Haven't been to Cutty's game in a while...probably since winter time some time...

I was trying to get a game together and play a single Table Tourney..somethin cheap and friendly so we can get together, play some cards and hang out...but of course...as my boys complain we don't have tourneys, I tried to put one together...they don't wanna come out...go figure...

So I call Kenny and see if he wants to head down to Cuttys game...he has a $100+$15 Re-Buy tourney...Kenny only likes to play tourneys that is $100+ so I knew he would be interested especially since he got either 3rd or 2nd last time we played...

We head out there and games starts about 10 minutes I get there...

I decide I wanna be cute and chase the nut straight...I flopped open ended...I know Rocko has a good hand and I just try and force my cards to get there...end up losing a shit load of chips LOL Board wasn't scary enough for me to bluff at it cause I know he knows im chasing...

sit around a couple hands...try and see some flops...keep missing, now im down to T$3600 in chips...from T$10K in starting chips...mind you not even 10 minutes have passed...couple hands later, i get JJ and raise to $700 to go...Rocko re-raises me and I end up shoving the rest of my chips in there along with Launtz...wow, im so dead...Rocko has QQ, Launtz shows AJo and QQ's hold up...REBUY!

Now im in for $100 and decide to play right...All-In Dave doubles me up I can't remember how...and he re-buys...lots of rebuys on my table cause Launtz and All-In Dave like to shove chips in the middle...

Of course i get in another hand with Launtz and All-In Dave...Launtz is acting first and limps in and I limp in with JQd and All-In dave limps in as well...Blinds are 200-400 and 2 hearts hit the board and I pair my Q for 2nd pair on the flop and Launtz fires at the pot...I sit and think, look at my cards...decide to smooth call his ass, dave does the same....Turn brings a 2h....Launtz decides to check when that heart falls...I think...think...and decide to fire $4500 at the pot...Not overbetting the pot...damn I wish I remember what the numbers were and all that, but by now you should know that I can't remember hand histories for nothing...but anyway, I fire at the pot, Dave mumbles good bet and folds after thinking...not that long though...uh oh...Launtz is counting chips...he keeps lookin at me, he keeps lookin at the board...I thought I seen him start to throw the chips in the middle and then he goes...god damn good bet E...mucks his cards...I rake the pot and show the JQd and Dave and Launtz are upset...Launtz was ahead with 2-pair and a possible flush if 1 more heart hits the board...All-In dave is upset and asked to see the rest of the cards..he would've tagged a straight some how...I don't know...thats what he said but never showed his cards...couple hands later they still sayin, damn that was a great bet...had I bet $2K or less, they was in it to win it...Whew...got away with that one...and that put me at over $20K in chips and they move Rocko to the other table and now I am table captain!

I sit on chips...play and pick my spots...and make it to the final table with Decent Chips...Cutty's moms made the final table and she bubbled out....I say, lets cut a deal for 5th place as 4 places are being paid out instead of 3 because of all the rebuys...sweet...Since I have a good track record of bubbling out of tournaments...I was straight...they decide to cut out $100 off 1st place and give it to 5th...even if I hit 5th, I still lose money cause I was in for $215 cause of my 1 rebuy...

Played well, stole some pots...they never called any of my raises...which was sweet...then Launtz decides to stand up to me and re-raise my 4x BB raise...I'm lookin at KK and go all in on top of his raise he naturally calls and has AQ, I ask for the Ace to come and it didn't! It worked again and of course they are confused..."Why are you asking for an Ace to come?" Don't you know if you ask for a card NOT to come, it comes...so to confuse the poker Gods...I ask for the Ace to come...and it worked! Gotta thank Travis for that lil trick!

Down to 4 handed...and Lance and Erick are in a hand together...Lance limps in, so does erick...me and dude fold...heads up..flop is rags and and lance checks...Erick pushes all in with Q5o and he pairs the 5 on the board...bottom pair....Lance calls with AQ and tags an Ace on the turn to put Erick Out..he is upset..."How do you call?" Lance says, how do you call an all in with that garbage...Erick is very purturbed and just sits there in disgust...no one says anything cause it got a lil tense...so we continue to play...fold a couple of orbits...and short stack asked me to chop 2nd and 3rd place prize...I look at his chips and says...na lets play man...he says you know it only takes 1 hand..I know man...as Lance raises 3x the BB...I push all in with AQ and he insta calls with QQ...like dude said...all it takes is one hand....im out in 3rd place for $300 bucks....wow All that to make $85 bucks LOL..2nd got $500 and 1st got a good $900 bucks...

The cash game was Whoa....Lots of rebuys. and those rebuys going in on 1 hand...they are playing dealers choice with Pitch as there game of choice...its 7-card stud H/L8...dealt 4 cards, pitch 1 card, roll 1 up and play goes like 7-card stud...I decide I'm going to deal the game...Kenny sits 1 orbit to see how to play...wins his first pot..and instantly falls in love with the game...he ended up shippin his stack when he mis-read his cards and thought he had the nut low when he was 9 high LOL...Did I mention this game was $2-$5 PL capped at $50 bucks? man...pots were huge!!!!!! Dealt the game for less than 1 hour...made another $50 in tips and Erick says its raining outside...Kenny says his wipers don't work...tags are dead...its time to go...Thanks for the tips fellas...great game...see ya next time!

Made a couple dollars...

Going to deals Berts game tonight...Hit Pops Game Saturday...and either deal The Scotts' game on Sunday or play...either way, full weekend of Poker!

I need to get out to the Trop on Wednesday for the Deep Stack Tournaments they are runnin now! $80+$10 and you start with $10K in chips as the blinds start at 25-50...NICE!

Catch yall on Monday!

No comments: