Sponsors

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

River Ed will Drown Ya at the Fish Tank

Even though River Ed didn't walk with any money for the night....it was too late to recover from drowning and being reminded why we call Ed..."River Ed"

Went to the Fish Tank last night to play Steve's $40 2-Table Tourney and $1/$2 NL Cash Game...Already planned on playin the tourney as a freeroll and stick it in there and either double up or get da hell out....Yeah, I was 2nd to bust...River Ed 1st....Travis 3rd...That should've been a givin as we were the top 3 donkeys in the house! LOL

Cash game didn't start in no time...started soon as 4 was able to play...Travis looked up to me and said "bad table Selection" and I was already thinkin that and couldn't agree more...Starting line up while we waited for players to bust was Alex, River Ed, Me, And Travis...That means trouble....

Soon, players were busting and the table fills quick...

Ed Busts Travis and he now will go pick up Noelle and stop by the store for us...He wasn't even gone 20 minutes before I was rebuying Twice already....

This is when I was reminded why we call Ed..."River Ed"

Let me set up this story when he got me on major Tilt and it was no lookin back to becoming sane again....

At the S.H.O.P...River Ed shows up and we get in a hand that it was raised and River Ed re-raises and it comes to me and I re-raise...I'm sittin with a little $700 at this point...I think about what will Ed bet...so I decide to just put him all in cause if he just calls my raise...the money is gonna end up going in the middle on the flop regardless...so not to leave myself with a hard decision on the flop...I decide to just stick it all in there..."I'm all in Ed"

Ed replies, "Do you have pocket Aces?"
"Yes...I have Aces"
"I believe you, I call"

everyone laughs and I slam my Aces on the table...

Aces hold up and I rake a pot in worth $800+/- dollars!

So anyway...On to last night....Me and River Ed are in a hands heads up again...

it was an unraised pot and I limped in with A5o

Flop came out 753 somethin like that....

He checks, I bet $12, he calls...

Turn is a [753]5

I bet again...$35...while he is about to call...I say wait Ed...I have trip 5s man...just fold....
He says...I believe you E...but the river hasn't come yet...I can win...I call

OK..fine....River 7

Fuck...I check...Ed says "All in"

God damn it....I fold....he shows me the fuckin 7 for 7s full when I just have 5s full....

and rebuy again...Slapped with a big reminder....and it was all down hill from there...

End up shippin my 2nd buy in within 20 minutes when its a 3 diamond board and I hit top pair with 1 diamond in my hand and shove it in on the flop to be called with a set of 2s from Alex...

I try to find me a Heinz Kethup pack to use as my card protector from here on the rest of the night and couldn't find one, so I took his kethup bottle from his fridge and used that as my card protector...

It wasn't heinz so it didn't work...and I took a slow death last night to leave me stuck $600 bucks....

No comments: