Sponsors

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The S.H.O.P - Tuesday Night Poker

Pops decided to have a Tuesday night game for the folx that look for a game during the week...Not too long ago, when games were not such a risk and we didn't really have to worry about if bamas is outside with sawed off shot guns and big ass desert eagles waitin to stick the game up at its peak...you could find a game anywhere around here...EVERYDAY OF THE WEEK...

Monday would usually be MD-Poker league night, My boy Big Chris usually has a $.50-$1 NL game at his house, just a friendly game, usually just the crew.

Tuesday Night would be Big Syd's circuit tournament going back and forth from Big Syd's Place, Scotts, or ScottyA's place...Those usually were 3 table tournies with buy ins between $50-$100 then as players bust out there would be a $1-$2 NL game.

Wednesday would be Travis' and Noelle's games that started in Takoma Park, then moved to the club house, then College Park.

Thursday would be UAEGreg's tournament. It was a smaller buy in tourney, but always alot of players, average turn out was 33 players with a $25 buy in and then as players bust out, he had a $.50-$1 NL game..

Friday, of course was my game!

Saturday was Pop's game, but this was every other Saturday, so on the off Saturdays, it would be Travis' and Noelle's PL-R.O.E game...that was Round Of Each (Omaha and Holdem) Pot limit...game was sick...

Sundays I would have a game sometimes, or a Singe Table Tourney or just a friendly $.50-$1 game...

As you can see, there were games everyday of the week, the games I just mentioned were the ones I frequent, but there were still more games out there...But this was before the robbery of my game (March 1, 2006 post)...yeah we heard of the robberies already goin down in VA, some in MD..but we just never thought it would happen to us....but it did, it shook alot of people up, and nobody was going to games anymore...

Slowly but surely, we are all falling back into the rythem of games again, and Pops took the step into the weekday thing again...He had a decent turn out tonight, game went till 2:30AM, but I believe it could've went all night if Pops didn't have to go to work in the morning...

I was in the box the whole night...Right now, I don't have the Bankroll to be playing, I need to rebuild and have a couple of rebuys to begin playing again...I did pretty well in tips, but I can say the guys/ladies we play with are generous with tips!

Some crazy hands tonight! Couple rebuys here and there....nothin real big...just like any normal $1-$2 game here...all the regulars was present and of course it was a good game and lots of fun for everyone!

Brian is having a "farewell" game at his home Wednesday night, they will be playing $.50-$1 NL for the last game at his house...Brian is the owner of MD-Poker and got a new job out Mississippi so he is moving out there...I'll most likely play when I shouldn't...but oh well, most I can lose is $100...We'll see though............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What up E, nice blog homie, I had no idea how educated you could sound. Thanks for the "big-ups", you speak highly of the SHOP, I appreciate that. See you on the circuit....Pops