Sponsors

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

WPT - 2005 4th Annual 5 Diamond World Poker Classic

Yeah, I'm sittin here watchin this on the Travel Channel and I got to wondering during this hand with Doyle Brunson and Rehne Pedersen.

**Excerpt takin from Cardplayer.com**

Chip Count before this hand:

1. Patrik Antonius - $7,340,000 (seat 2)
2. Rehne Pedersen - $4,000,000 (seat 3)
3. Joanne "J.J." Liu - $3,000,000 (seat 4)
4. Doyle Brunson - $2,500,000 (seat 6)

Blinds are $100,000-$200,000 ($20,000 Ante)


Date / Time:2005-12-16 11:06PM
Title:Doyle Brunson Doubles Through Patrik Antonius
Log:
Hand #88 - Rehne Pedersen has the button in seat 3, Antonius raises to $600,000, and Brunson calls from the big blind. The flop comes 8c-4s-2c, Brunson moves all in for $1,775,000, and Antonius immediately calls with pocket nines (9c-9s). Brunson shows 10h-8s (pair of eights), and he needs to catch an eight or a ten to stay alive.

The turn card is the 10c, and Brunson makes two pair! The crowd cheers louder than they have all night -- they're rooting for Doyle after all! Now Antonius needs to catch a nine or a club to bust Brunson. The river card is the 4h, and Doyle Brunson doubles up to about $5 million to take the chip lead.

Doyle was 28% to win pre-flop, 19% on the flop, hits the T on the turn for a suck out...now the crowd went WILD! The announcers praised him...Nothing negative to say...Yes I know there is a respect factor for the God Father of the game we call the Cadillac of Poker....To a normal player, an unknown, if I were to make that type of play...we are Donkeys...We are Suck Out Artists...We are the head of the "Class" in the School of Fish.

I'm not sure if I would've called that bet, but I'm pretty sure Doyle was sick when he flipped his cards over...Even if I'm jizzled, I wouldn't make that play there...maybe thats me, maybe thats why I don't win Tournaments, maybe thats why I do suck...

Lawd don't let that be online...lol

Anyway, just somethin to think about...If you are somebody...you can get away with any play you wan't...lawd, if you are an unknown....let the berating begin!

3 comments:

@OnAFoldDraw said...

context of Doyle's T8o call/flop push... announcers were saying "Doyle knows that with the blinds and antes this high, you can't sit around and wait for premium hands, you've got to get in there and gamble, try to get lucky, try to make moves."

But you're right, a nobody does it, they're a donkey. Doyle does it, he proves his status as a poker god.

Ehonda said...

They did say that, but I still would've folded them...I play too tight...maybe thats why I continue to play Ketchup. Regardless, im still pickin a better spot than that.

SoveriegnOne said...

Ya know, those two hands he got mixed up with against Patrik when he checked raised Doyle all in both times, I think it was getting to him a little, and thats how those actions came about.

I personally think Doyle should have called with the Q/J that one hand, but I assume he put Patrik on an Ace rag hand.