Sponsors

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Now that we are caught up - the ATLARGE Event at Taj Mahal

Went up to AC to go up for the ATLARGE tournaments...

ATLARGE is an annual gathering in Atlantic City of poker players who originally "met" and/or still participate on the Internet Newsgroup rec.gambling.poker (rgp). We get together in different poker friendly locations throughout the US during the year to have fun and PLAY POKER. Our biggest annual meeting is called BARGE and it is held in Las Vegas in August. ATLARGE is the Atlantic City version, and is held in March of every year.

ATLARGE stands for: ATLantic city Annual RecGambling Excursion. Historically, the attendance at ATLARGE is second only to BARGE. Last year, over 180 r00lerz from all over the planet brought the good times to Atlantic City for four days of fun and p0cker. ATLARGE 2006 will be held at the fabulous TRUMP TAJ MAHAL, the largest card room in Atlantic City. www.atlargepoker.com

So I ride up with Keenan when he gets off work, and make it up there in time to get some grub at the Pokerstars.com dinner...Dinner was great, speakers were kinda boring, but we left anyway to play some 1/2 NL downstairs.

Long story short on Friday Night, Bought in for the max $300 and was run down to about a good $32bucks, ran it back up to $268 and decide to cut my losses and head up to the room and go to sleep...

Saturday morning, we go and register for the NL Tourney for the ATLARGE folx...Bad structure, tourney started out choppy...Buy in was $100+20 Everyone recieved T$1000 in chips, blinds started at 5-10 with 30 minute levels...not bad, but not enough chips to play poker, I think it was a lil under 200 players, top prize was around $6000 with 18 places being paid out a min of $245 or somethin like that...Anyway, had a last longer bet with the folx from MD-Poker.com...

While waitin till the tourney started, we go grab breakfast and go play some $2/$4 Limit to kill time, I get in for $60 bucks and play my first hand blind and lost LOL, guy to my left is pissed we keep blind raising LOL...anyway, I donk off $49 bucks, and tip the dealer the rest of my money LOL, The old lady was viscious with it..."Where your balls, call me" or she hit me with the, "Your balls aint big enough to play with me, Im a nun, but who cares you aint got no fuckin money" LOL this lady was a fuckin trip!
Tourney did OK, played tight, and they put me, keenan and Travis on the same table...what a donk fest LOL sike na, we played well and well..Travis played like Travis

Blinds started getting up there, and my chip stack couldn't keep up with the blinds, so end up callin an all in hoping to double up with AKo but they ran into the chip leaders AA, but this guy is so lucky, hit AA a good 4 times, KK he had 6 times...This guy was extremely lucky as he took the chip lead very early knockin out about 3 players in the first level of the tourney...

We end up all busting out, head down to the Trop where I get my ass handed to me...Bought in for $240, rebought for $200 and end up losing it, I end up going upstairs, hit a J, and head out with Pete to Bare Exposures...Partied...

Sunday, I'm cashed out...lets see...how much money was lost...

Friday - ($32)
Saturday Mornin - $2/$4 game - ($60)
Saturday Tourney - ($120)
Last Longer Bet - ($20)
Saturday @ Trop - ($440)
Total loss playin poker: - $672

At least I had fun, but it sure isn't fun losing that much, I never allow myself to lose that much, so I need to step back when my cards are runnin very cold.

To put salt in da wound, I go to Chris game that night and donk off $100 bucks...wow...

TOTAL LOSS THIS WEEKEND: -$762

No comments: